How To Build An Email List Without Traffic
I would have to say that collecting emails has got to be the easiest thing. And most fun! But many struggle with how to do this. I also notice, unless you have thriving traffic, many aren’t signing up for your email list. So what do you do? Aren’t you building this list to get traffic anyway?
So in order to make this happen and to get that steady flow of traffic, I have built a list of tips here to help you do just that!
I’ve noticed most article are based on people who already have traffic. It doesn’t matter where you put the opt-in box when your traffic is 0-10 views a month. If there’s no traffic coming in, no one is seeing it. So I feel like this article is for many of you out there who is just starting out.
Note: In order to build an email list you need an email provider like Mailchimp. It’s free up to 2,000 emails. So that’s good until you reach your limit.
How To Build Email List Without Traffic:
1. Go to forums and start helping people. Answer questions and connect. Then have your link sign up link in the signature.
2. Bring a clipboard or sign-up book with you to tradeshows/events and ask for permission to send email to those who sign up. -Vertical Response
3. Host an online webinar and collect email addresses at registration. -Hubspot *Webinar is like Google Hangouts except you’re broadcasting to a large number of people.
4. Giving something for free like a PDF? Make visitors sign up to your opt-in form before you let them download it.-Vertical Response
5. Run a Contest. Make the users register with email to receive something of value.
6. Send out a mass text to people who would be interested. I’ve collected around 20 emails within 10 minutes this way.
7. Offer to teach something by sending audio, pdfs, media etc. But in order to receive all this they must submit their email:)
8. Email people in your niche asking if it would be okay to add them to your list.
All this is based on the fact of you having no traffic. I know it’s tough right now, but if you keep up the good content and start plugging at people. You’re list will grow. Always make sure to tell them what you’re up to also. Let them know that you want to send emails to them regularly.